What is Snazzball?
Remove the middle tie on the top edge of your poster and you'll find out.
It turns your poster into a big pocket. A Poster Pocket!
Snazzball is the name given to any game you can think of where you throw something into one of our Poster Pockets to score a point.
The following games are just made up ideas and not instructions of any kind. Players are wholly responsible for whatever they decide to play and how they play it.
Play Multi Snazz ball! – game ideas for more than 1 player
Game Idea One – Fill your pockets!
- Divide the balls and pockets up equally between players. Think of a crazy shout out each. If you've got Snazz Squad posters you can use theirs!
- Players stand in the middle of the trampoline.
- The game begins. Each player must try to throw their ball into their own pocket at the same time as putting off the other players throwing at theirs.
- All throws must be from the centre of the trampoline only. Players can leave the centre of the trampoline only to retrieve a failed or successful throw, but must return to the centre to throw again.
- A point is only scored if the ball falls into the correct pocket and at the same time the thrower yells their ‘shout-out’ to celebrate scoring! No shouting, no point.
- If you throw your ball accidently into someone else’s pocket you lose a point.
- Get your ball and get back to the centre as soon as possible – if you are not there, then others may be scoring! First player to 10 points wins.
GAMEPLAY CAUTION: Any trampoline game you decide to play with more than one person should NEVER be a bouncing game. More than one person jumping on a trampoline is not ever recommended. Using the trampoline's wobbly floor as a surface to try to play on can be great fun and get everyone laughing, just make sure you don't jump in there!
Game Idea Two – Defend your pockets!
- Everyone grabs a ball, chooses a Poster Pocket and stands with their backs to their pocket.
- Going round in a circle, each player loudly shouts out their shout out so everyone else knows what it is.
- The game begins. It’s a simple knock out tournament. To eliminate an opponent, you must get your ball into their pocket and shout out their catch-phrase. If you do this, they are out and must leave the trampoline.
- Players must stay within an arms distance of their pocket at all times unless they are retrieving their ball.
- Scoring while your opponent is retrieving their ball is allowed. Choose carefully when to throw!
- Last kid standing wins!
Extension Challenges – things got too easy?
- Whoever wins can now only throw with their weaker hand.
- Everyone can only throw with their weaker hands!
- Play 2 Vs 1 with the previous winner being the 1.
Solo Snazz Ball – a game idea for 1 player
- Think of a crazy shout out. It can be any phrase or word. Make it up! If you've got a Snazz Squad poster you just use theirs!
- Find as many small balls or beanbags as you can and stand in the centre of the trampoline.
- Bounce 5 times until you are as high as you can get. On the top of the last bounce, throw a ball at a Poster Pocket.
- If you are successful and it goes into the pocket, you must yell your ‘shout-out’ at the top of your voice. Then, still bouncing, turn to face the next pocket. If you only have one pocket you must bounce round in a circle and start again. No shout out, no point!
- If you are unsuccessful, you must bounce 5 more times and repeat the attempt. If you use up all the balls, go grab them and return to the centre to try again.
- Can you score 3 balls into 3 pockets in 3 throws and score 3 points? What about 5?!
- If you can, try playing again but this time throwing with your weaker arm!
Make up new games or change old ones - there are no fixed rules to playing Snazzball - you can do whatever you want - that's why it's so great!